Monday, April 21, 2008

It's Monday Again...

I am sitting in my office tracking the Boston marathon times of my 51 year old aunt and another 51-year-old who works in my office. I am 29 and I can't even fathom qualifying for Boston, but it sounds awesome. Maybe someday...I suppose I need to actually run a marathon before my goals get too lofty. I ran in a 5K on Saturday, and I ran a 23:26, my fastest time ever. It was an absolutely beautiful day. My husband ran, too, and he's definitely gaining on me; he ran a 23:40. It is really fun to run with him, but I don't think I will be able to convince him to run a marathon with me. Saturday night we stayed up really late. I had a few drinks, but I didn't overdo it. However, I was really tired Sunday morning and we had plans to run trails in the canyon. We ran about 4 1/2 miles (I wanted to run 6-8), and I just ran out of fuel. We didn't make it to the Canyon until after 10:30 a.m., and it was already over 80 degrees. I got hot and grumpy, and I wound up with a sunburn. I learned my lesson--it is getting hot outside, so I am either going to have to get my runs in really early or really late. I don't do well in the heat. Last week was a light week, so I need 25 miles this week. I will post my training schedule soon. I have to work now...more later.

No comments: