Wednesday, October 29, 2008

More Inspiration from Texas Scottish Rite Hospital for Children

I will admit it. I like to watch Oprah. I DVR the show every day, because you never know what you will get - a new book, a sad story, and sometimes something inspiring. Yesterday's show touched my heart. There was an inspiring story about a little boy born with a rare condition that required both of his legs to be amputated at a young age. You can see a summary of his story here on pages 5 - 8. Although Texas Scottish Rite Hospital was not mentioned in the Oprah story, the story did mention that this little boy's family raised money for the hospital that provided him with his prosthetic legs. I kept rewinding the story and watching it over and over, when I finally realized where I had seen this inspiring child. He was the "Junior Race Director" for the White Rock Marathon in 2004 and you can see more of his story here.
If you have been thinking about donating to TSRHC and sponsoring me in the marathon, I hope you will decide to take action. The money goes to wonderful children who have so much potential to do great things in this world.

No comments: